Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pathway of Faith

For years I honestly didn't think I'd ever finish college because I couldn't find an affordable program that fit into my busy, stay at home mom schedule.  During a special fireside last year, BYU-Idaho's President (and our Area Authority), Elder Clark, spoke about the Pathway program. As I sat listening to him, I knew it was inspired and a perfect fit for me and my family.  Pathway was an answer to many, many prayers.

I thought the Pathway year would take forever, but it went by incredibly fast.  I'm immensely grateful for all that I've gained.  I met many wonderful people and learned so much about myself.  Last month I was accepted into BYU-Idaho.  I chose Business Management as my major, but after a lot of prayer and discussion with friends and family, that will change as soon as possible.  Currently there are not a ton of options for online students and I don't have time to go to campus.  What I want to study isn't on the list at all.  One thing Pathway taught me, though, is to have faith that the Lord will open doors and help me succeed.  So I have no doubt I'll be able to study what I want, eventually.  For now, I'm working on foundation classes and getting them out of the way.

Last week the kids and I went to campus so I could rent and purchase books for Fall Semester.  They thought the bookstore was nothing short of exciting and wanted a BYU-Idaho pencil for school.  William carried my books for me as we got lost toured campus (yes, I've trained him well), and we spent over an hour in the Ricks Gardens.  It was a perfect day and I'm grateful for such supportive kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...