Thursday, May 3, 2012

A must read (or listen)!

Heaven Is Here: An incredible story of hope, triumph, and everyday joy


I've heard of Stephanie's story before and was excited to hear she had written a book.  I was even more excited when I found her book on Audible the day my book credit arrived in my account.  I couldn't wait to start listening to her amazing story and once I did, I couldn't put it down.
I was actually folding laundry while listening to Nie Nie describe her desire to once again fold laundry, a chore she really didn't like doing before.  I am finding more joy in the chores that seem to never end, realizing that serving my family is a great blessing.
I cried when I read about her experience meeting Elder Holland and his wise counsel to her about her scars.

This is one of those life-changing stories I'll never forget.  I will cherish my family more, I will appreciate my physical body and it's abilities more, I'll love more and complain less, I'll take in the small moments and remind myself how blessed I truly am.  Now, if you haven't done so already, go get a copy of her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...