Monday, April 30, 2012

Love of my life

Every year as summer approaches I think about the summer of 2001, when I met the man of my dreams.  I had noticed Jason around the apartment complex I lived in and wanted to get to know him, but had just started dating someone else.  My roommates joked with me that I'd never settle down with anyone because I was so "boy crazy".
When Jason and I finally started dating I was amazed that I had found someone who had the same goals and aspirations that I did.  We'd talk for hours, sometimes until the early hours of morning.  He'd make me laugh and every moment with him was fun and exciting.  He was always the perfect gentleman...so much that I started wondering if we were really just good friends.  I was working two jobs at the time, so I couldn't see him as often as I would have liked.  I found myself constantly thinking of his smile, his laugh and wanting more time with him.  I still cannot believe how quickly I fell in love.  I remember getting back to my apartment one night after he had broached the subject of marriage and I cried.  I had never been so happy before in all of my life.
We were young.  I was really young.  I was 19 when we decided we wanted to spend eternity together.  Some of my friends told me I was crazy.  I didn't care what anyone thought, I was in love and looking forward to our life together.  We knew we wanted kids right away.  We also knew that I'd stay home and raise them.  I never thought we'd get rude questions or outright insults about this decision, but we did.  Once again what everyone else thought didn't matter.
We started our little family and of course life became hectic.  We were thrown some curve balls within just a few years, but we always felt happy and blessed to have each other.  The man who performed our marriage in the Provo, Utah Temple talked to us before we went into the sealing room for our ceremony.  He was sweet and told us that he could see we were in love.  He promised us that our love would grow and we'd be amazed by it.  I honestly thought I couldn't ever love Jason more than I did at that moment.  But he was right, I am more in love with Jason now than I have ever been before.  10 years later and I still love this time of year and all that it means to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...