Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Everything tastes better grilled!

I love grilling during the summer.  Around 4:30pm today I decided I should probably get up to make dinner (I was relaxing with a good book) .  Once again I didn't feel like cooking (I always hate cooking in the summer), so I started thinking of what I could make that would be different and fun.  I decided to finally try out grilled pizza.  Our family loves pizza and it makes a boring Tuesday feel more like a Friday, even if only for an hour or so.  I've heard from multiple friends that it's easy and tastes great, but I've been afraid to give it a try.  I started making the dough when Jason came down from work and asked what I was doing.  I told him what I was making and he immediately asked how I was going to keep the dough from falling through. So then I started to worry and question my sanity, but kept going anyway.  Thank goodness it didn't fall through (not at all!) and it was some of the best pizza I've had!  The crust gets crispy around the edges, but is still soft in the middle (that's how we like it).  The kids had a blast adding their own toppings and each pizza cooked very quickly.  I found the recipe here and just changed it a tiny bit.  I doubled the dough recipe and substituted half of the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour.  It was a good thing I doubled the dough, because in a series of unfortunate events William's flip flop ended up on the top of the first 4 crusts we grilled.  It was a very dirty flip flop!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...