Sunday, August 5, 2012

Tomato plants and faith

When the kids and I are outside, we always spend time admiring our little tomatoes.  The kids look for the biggest tomatoes and will argue over who found each one first.  Recently while we were all crouched down looking through the plants William noticed there weren't any weeds.  He knows as well as I do that our garden bed is usually covered in weeds, so he was very curious.  I explained that since the tomato plants had grown so much and become strong, they had basically kicked out the weeds by taking all of the nutrients from the soil.  His eyes lit up and he started talking about faith.  He told me that if our faith is strong like the tomato plants we won't allow Satan to tempt us, and just like the tomato plants kicked out the weeds we will in essence kick Satan out of our lives.

I think that's what we call a parental paycheck!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet observation! I will always appreciate a plant analogy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...