Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ballerinas and stinky diapers

Rachel has wanted to take dance lessons for a long time.  She was a ballerina for Halloween just so she could wear the tights, leotard and tutu.  When I took her to see The Nutcracker last month her interest in dancing skyrocketed.  After quite a bit of searching I found a class I felt would be perfect for her.  Today was her first day in class and she spent all morning asking if it was FINALLY time to go dance.

When it was time to go I grabbed a bunch of snacks for Owen so we could stay with Rachel throughout the whole class.  As soon as Rachel's class started I noticed a smell I recognized all too well.  Owen had filled his diaper and I had completely forgotten to bring diapers and wipes!  You'd think I'd know better after 4 kids, right?  Nope.  I thought about running home quickly, but knew Rachel was nervous and wanted me to stay.  So I tried to keep him away from everyone and hoped no one would notice.  Owen and I hung out in the hallway, right outside the dance room so we could stay out of the way but still see everything Rachel was doing.  There was only one other mom there.  I didn't say anything to her right away because she was quietly reading a book.  When a couple moms showed up toward the end of the class I was pretty sure they could smell it, so I apologized for the stinky smell coming from my corner of the hallway.  Of course they all thought it was funny.  The  mom who had been sitting there the entire time said, "I wondered what that was.  I started to think maybe there was a dead mouse somewhere."

Since Rachel and I were the newbies today I had to laugh at the idea that I might be remembered as the mom with the cute, but stinky kid.  Nice!  Wonder what Owen will do next week?!?


1 comment:

  1. What a cute ballerina! I am sure the other Moms will quickly forget!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...