Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ice Fishing

Unfortunately I was sick all day yesterday with food poisoning.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat at Wendy's again.  While I was home cursing the fast food industry, Jason took the 3 oldest kids ice fishing.  It's something he's always wanted to try and Rachel convinced him it was time to go.  She had begged and begged for her very own fishing rod the day before so we took her out to find one.  It shocked me when she didn't want one of the Barbie or Disney Princess rods because those were "silly" and "too little" for her.  She wanted a real fishing rod for some real fishing.  Jason was beaming and grinning ear to ear.
I didn't get many details from anyone about their fishing trip until today, because when they came home yesterday they all smelled like fish and I immediately went to my room and locked myself in for the rest of the night.  They loved it and couldn't wait to tell me all about it today.  Rachel said it looked like a volcano exploding when Jason made a whole in the ice.   The boys didn't describe it in quite the same way, but they thought it was pretty cool anyway.  They all caught a bunch of fish, so it was a successful day on the ice.  Jason was a little worried the kids would complain they were freezing the entire time, but surprisingly they didn't.  They actually enjoyed it quite a bit and would like to do it again.
I'm glad they got to go and I'm actually pretty excited to try it out myself.  Who knows, I might actually buy a fishing license and my very own rod this year.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you weren't feeling well. Sounds like Jason and the kids had a fun time! Do you have some fish in the freezer now?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...