Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Leap of faith

We've taken a huge leap of faith in our family as Jason has started a side business.  It isn't easy, being so busy already with a full-time job and a busy church calling.  It's something that started out as a good idea that he was really excited about and has become more as he's felt it's the right path for our family at this time.

It's a scary thing, investing time and money into an idea that will hopefully become a successful money-making business. This is where faith comes in.  Not only is faith required, but plenty of patience as well.  I have faith where sometimes I don't have patience.  I'm learning to have both.

I definitely don't understand the Lord's will for us, especially regarding Jason's employment.  We've had such clear answers and guidance, but I find myself wondering why we can't be lead to something a bit simpler and less scary.  I've always thought that real faith means turning over my will to the Lord and accepting His will for me, inevitably making the Lord's will my own.  This is what I'm trying to do.  Sometimes I get so caught up in asking why and how that I forget to trust in the Lord.

I am incredibly grateful for two things that make times like these bearable.  First of all, personal revelation and the tender mercies of a loving Father in Heaven.  I often feel a sense of peace and reassurance that all will be well and I actually start to feel excited about all that lies ahead.  I'm also incredibly grateful for a hard-working and loving husband.  Lately I feel like the kids and I don't see him much, but when we do he makes every minute count.

In case you read this and don't know what Jason has been working on, here's a link to his website:  http://www.salesproxie.com/


2 comments:

  1. These Hales men really know how to shake things up. When Bob started his business I was scared to death. Time in the temple helped. Also Proverbs 3:5-6 became my go to scripture and Hymn #85 became my theme song - especially the 3rd verse. When you follow the promptings of the Spirit, things will turn out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea. I was recently talking to a friend who told me a story about how his son wanted to run for student body President and he asked the kid if he could "handle it if he lost." The sons answer was profound. He replied, "Well Dad, I've already lost. I can't be any less of a student body president than I already am so what would it hurt to try." I never in a million years would have thought of it that way. Best of luck to you guys. As a side note I checked out the website and there is a space missing on the home page in the line "1/3 of adults post to a social media sit every week." Thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...