Saturday, March 3, 2012

Family Ski Adventure!

Jason and I went XC skiing together last year and I've been dying to go again ever since!  I don't even like taking all 4 kids to the grocery store, so it took a while for me to decide it was time to take the kids with us.  I finally felt open to the idea and the kids were very excited to go along.







BYU-Idaho has a great Outdoor Rental Center.  The equipment is great and the price is very affordable  We rented 5 pairs of boots, 5 sets of skiis and poles, and 1 trailer for Owen.  After we threw all the gear into the car we headed over to Herriman State Park, because we've heard it's a great place for XC skiing.  It was perfect!  Snowmobiles aren't allowed in the park which makes it ideal for skiers.  There was a light snow falling, the temperature wasn't too cold and the kids took to the skis like fish to water.  Jason pulled Owen in a little trailer and he slept most of the time.  I'm very proud of all our kids, XC skiing is quite a workout and there wasn't much complaining from them at all.  Rachel could only go so fast and I kept offering to pull her along, but she refused and trudged along with a huge smile on her face!  I was so impressed!


It was a great day and I definitely want to take the kids out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...