Sunday, March 18, 2012

A quick weekend getaway

On Friday afternoon we headed to Salt Lake City for the weekend.  We ate pizza on the way and checked into our hotel with plenty of time to swim before bedtime.  The pool was great!  The water was warm and everyone had fun.  After swimming the kids were worn out and fell asleep fairly quickly.

Thankfully everyone slept really well so we were all rested and ready to go on Saturday morning.  We went to the Sportsman's Expo and spent the day doing some fun activities and visiting booths.  The first activity our kids did was fishing.  Within just a couple of minutes Rachel had caught her first fish.  The boys all had plenty of bites, but they didn't hook any fish this time.  I quite enjoyed watching the kids learn to tie flies.  They concentrated pretty hard and the guy helping them was really patient.  All of the kids had fun shooting at 3D targets in the Youth Archery area, getting to shoot at a turkey and jaguar.  When they were finished Jason mentioned that I had never used a bow to one of the guys at the booth.  He immediately grabbed some arrows and told me to give it a try.  I did well and was told I should take up the sport, but the best part was when the guy helping me said that I look 17 anyway.  He was obviously joking, but since I turned 30 a few months ago, I'll take it!  And I do want to take up archery.
After hours of walking around the expo center we were exhausted and ready to head home.  We decided to visit Temple Square before leaving and I'm so glad we did.  We walked around outside and even though our kids were plenty hyper, it was still very peaceful and the perfect ending to a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Archery is a family sport. I used to hunt with a bow and shoot against Webb cousins and uncles at the target range. I had a Bear recurve bow. I don't like the wheelies. The last time I shot was at a YM activity. They all wanted me to shoot and I said no. I finally gave in and said one shot only. I put it in the center of the bulls eye.
    G'Pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! And look at your cute photo pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! Love all the pictures! Okay to shoot the turkeys but jaguar are too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...