Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Who knew?

I've found a few cookie recipes that call for white beans instead of using butter or shortening.  Was I intrigued?  Yes.  Willing to try it?  Absolutely not.  I mentioned it to Jason once and he looked at me like I had gone mad.  Then I found this recipe from a website I visit often and couldn't resist just trying it out:  
Golden Carrot Cookies
They turned out great, especially with the lemon frosting!  I made them for family night and the kids kept asking for more.  Owen walked around with his cookie saying, "Mmmmmmmm!"

Tonight I tried this recipe and was surprised and impressed all over again:  Low Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies  They are SO good!

I can't get over the fact that I can make cookies with white beans instead of butter and they taste just as good!  If you've seen recipes like these but haven't been sure if you should try it or not, trust me and go for it!  You won't be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...