Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The closet for naughty kids

Yesterday the kids and I were in the car when Rachel started talking about her excitement to start school in the fall.  Then she started asking questions about the principal's office.


The conversation went like this:


Me:  I got called to the vice principal's office once for something I didn't do.
Rachel:  What happened?
Me:  He just let me go.
Rachel:  If a kid really does something bad, then the principal will send you to the closet.
Me:  What closet?
Rachel: The little closet with a bed.  They lock you in if you're bad.

At this point William and I look at each other in confusion.  Then I realize what she's talking about.  Last year  William wasn't feeling well and I got a phone call from the school asking if I'd come get him.  I rushed off to the school with Rachel and Owen.  When we got to the school William was in the nurses area in a tiny room with a bed.  He was just hanging out in there reading a book while he waited.  Apparently Rachel thought it was some sort of naughty room for children.  William and I couldn't help but chuckle a little at the thought, then we set her mind to rest and let her know that there are no naughty children closets with locks.  Funny girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...