Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Right time, right place

I have a really fun announcement to make.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I'm starting school in September and will finish my education (finally!) through BYU-Idaho.  I've prayed for this for so long!  I'll be able to finish school and still be home with my kids.  Jason and I have always felt that we'd know when the right opportunity came along for me to finish school.  I have been so impatient at times though and have been skeptical that the right opportunity even existed.  I didn't think I'd find anything that would fit my schedule and be affordable.  I should never have doubted.  The BYU-Idaho Pathway program is definitely an answer to my prayers.  I attended a fireside about Pathway and also met with Pathway missionaries in my area.  In both places there was an unmistakable feeling of excitement that this program is inspired and part of the Lord's plan.  I'm so grateful that I'll be a part of it this September.  

I'm so lucky to have such a supportive husband.   When we first heard about the Pathway program I was still quite skeptical. We'd talk about it and I would list off my worries and doubts.  He was completely optimistic which eventually rubbed off on me.  I attended the fireside and applied for the program while he was in Brazil.  It was killing me that I couldn't give him the details, so I sent him a text I knew he'd get once he was on his way home.  He called me as soon as he could and immediately asked for details.  He sounded just as excited as I felt!  With four kids this just wouldn't be possible if he wasn't completely supportive.


Although I've often wished that I could have finished school years ago, I'm realizing that the timing isn't all bad and that there are some great blessings I need to recognize.  Instead of my college education being something of the past that my kids just hear about, they'll be a part of it because I need their support as well.  It's something our family will work toward together.  How amazing is that?!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...