Friday, June 29, 2012

Change can be a good thing

We received some very good news today.  It looks like Jason's insane travel is coming to an end.  As a family we have prayed for this for so long.  We've tried our best to remain optimistic while he was traveling, remembering what a blessing it has been for him to have a good job.  But we've also experienced frustration and exhaustion.  After the last travel season we both looked at each other and said the same thing, that we didn't know if we could do it any longer.  I feel so blessed and know our Heavenly Father has answered our prayers in a wonderful way.  

Although the travel was hard on our family I can't ignore everything we learned and gained.  I've learned how to manage a home and take care of four children, sometimes with help only on weekends.  I'm a much more patient person.  I've learned to rely more on my Father in Heaven during hard times when I've felt so alone.  Jason and I have a stronger relationship that grew through all of this.  I think it would have been easy for our relationship to suffer, but it didn't.  I've learned to accept the will of Heavenly Father, putting my own will aside and trusting in Him.  And of course we all gained a stronger testimony about the power of faith, prayer and patience.  Matt said to me today, "Maybe this happened because of all my prayers."  I let him know that's exactly what happened.  

We do have to say goodbye to a few perks.  Jason's car, for instance.  We've had a company car for 7 years!  We will no longer have a gazillion Marriott points.  No more flyer miles.  Funny thing though, I'm not the least bit sad to see all that go.  In fact I'm quite happy about it.  Those "perks" didn't feel like perks at all when it came right down to it.


I couldn't end this post without thanking everyone who's offered words of encouragement and especially those who have prayed for our family.  We love you all and can't thank you enough for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...