Friday, July 11, 2014

Brain Tumor- Part 2

In the last post I wrote, I talked about Elder Holland's address, The Ministry of Angels.  As I read further, I read this paragraph and immediately knew this would be the topic of my next post.

"I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods.  Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."

So many people helped our family during this difficult time.  I would like to write about every act of love and kindness, but it isn't possible.  So many friends and family members went above and beyond to express love for our family and especially for Matt.  People around the world prayed and fasted for his well being.  Jason and I received countless text messages and emails from people who offered help and genuine, heartfelt messages.  Every day I think about everyone who served our family during this scary time and I know they are the angels on earth described by Elder Holland.



Matt and his teacher, Michelle.  She and her husband, Doug, came to the hospital on Saturday to bring us lunch and spend time with Matt before surgery.  They returned Sunday morning to sit with Jason and me during Matt's surgery.


Words are powerful.  If you know someone is struggling, don't hesitate to offer loving words of support and love.  Even if you don't know someone is struggling, offer smiles and compliments generously, because you will most likely lift someone who needs lifting.  When we returned home, we had a huge pile of mail waiting for us.  Matt's eye doctor and the office staff sent Matt a card, with hand-written messages from each of them.  He loves that card and I have seen him read through the messages several times.  We may not know how our words or acts of kindness help others, but I believe there is nothing greater we can do for those who are passing through trials.


Miracle Matt's welcome party- welcoming him home six days after surgery!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...