Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Family

I thought I had a pretty good understanding of The Family: A Proclamation to the World, until yesterday...

Yesterday morning I knew I had too much to do in the little time I would have to accomplish it all.  I felt completely discouraged and it was only 7am!  I turned on the Mormon Channel so I could listen to something uplifting as I made breakfast for hungry tummies, prepared school lunches and started on the huge mountain of laundry awaiting my attention.  I found a two-part discussion on The Proclamation and decided to give it a try.  I learned so much, especially practical application for my family that I just hadn't noticed or thought of before.

I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the tools and resources we've been given to help us in our daily lives.  Julie B. Beck talked about the endowment we all receive when we go to the temple and how we're immediately given the power to build eternal families.  I never thought about my endowment in that way before, I've thought of it more as a future promise.  I realized how much I lean on my own capabilities (which are never enough), forgetting that I have access to power from on high. I need to ask for it much more often.

I definitely recommend listening to these discussions.  You can find the first part here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...