Sunday, September 9, 2012

Last minute summer trip

Who decides at the last minute to drive 1700 miles the week before school starts?  We do!  We visited with family in Cincinnati and Indianapolis.  It was a great trip.  Although the drive was long, the kids did amazingly well.  Owen was the one I was worried about.  I thought we'd hear constant screaming, but he didn't cry much at all. We had lots of treats, the kids brought toys and we listened to How to Train Your Dragon on Audible.

The kids loved seeing their grandparents.  They'd choose grandparents over a water park or Disneyland any day!  I asked them what they loved most about our trip and they said going to the nature center, the Cincinnati Zoo and the Indianapolis Children's Museum.  It's a trip we won't soon forget and was worth every minute of the 50+ hours of driving!

I've been scrapbooking pictures from our trip.  I finished these pages today:














2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! I didn't realize your mom is still here. Next time you make a last-minute trip to Indiana, give me a call and we'll meet up for lunch. :) Dave and I are in Fishers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey,

    My mom actually lives in South Carolina. We didn't have enough time to go visit her so she met us in Indianapolis.

    I'll definitely give you a call next time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...