Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a great Christmas this year.  We continued with some old traditions and started some new that we'll hopefully remember in the years to come.  I missed extended family a lot this year since it's been a few years since we've been able to get together with family for the holidays.  My mom called Christmas Eve night to tell me that she's coming here next year for Christmas.  That felt like a Christmas present in itself, I'm so excited!  Her husband has been wanting to come this way to go skiing with his sons, so Jason will go skiing with them while my mom and I find a fun little town to explore and go shopping.  Can't wait!!!

Here are some highlights and our favorite pictures of Christmas 2011:

For the first time I made my Grandma's Christmas Cake, which is a red and green jello poke cake frosted with whipped cream.  The kids loved it and I'm excited to carry on the tradition.  She passed away on Jan. 1 of this year, so I've been thinking about her a lot.

For the first time I made homemade eggnog.  I'm not an eggnog fan, so I didn't even take a taste, but everyone else loved it.  I'll definitely make it again, it was so simple!

Before the kids go to bed Christmas Eve we give them new pajamas and read stories together.  We always read 'Twas The Night Before Christmas and the scriptural account of Christ's birth.  Once we were finished with reading last night, Jason started asking the kids questions about Christmas.  During our discussion Matt said, "Whenever we talk about these things I feel like there is a bright light above me.  It just feels that way."  Rachel said, "When I pray I know Jesus hears me!"









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...