Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Matt turns 7!

Yesterday was Matt's birthday.  I love celebrating my kid's birthdays, possibly more than they do!  I really enjoy making their day fun and exciting for them.  A few years ago we started a birthday tradition that has become a favorite with the kids.  It goes like this:  We all sit in a circle with the birthday boy/girl in the middle. Then we all take turns telling that person what we love about them.  The birthday boy/girl lights up whenever they get compliments and usually the kids get silly, which leads to lots of giggles.  With the busyness of the holidays I had completely forgotten about this tradition until we were eating pizza and Matt said, "Don't forget to tell me what you love about me!"  So right then and there, sitting around the dinner table, we all shared the things we love about Matt.

Here's what I remember:
He tells great jokes.
He has a contagious smile.
He's good at helping around the house.
He's a fun brother.
He's sweet.
He treats people nicely.
He's silly.
He has a cute giggle.
He's handsome.


  
Matt is a very energetic 7 year-old with a big heart!  He makes us laugh constantly and has the same contagious smile I remember from when he was just a baby.  He's in 1st grade this year and I have absolutely loved watching him learn and grow.  I feel so blessed to have Matt in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...